Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day #32 - Texas Tea

I know the bus burns up a lot of gas but no, you can't buy it directly from the source!
Oh wait a minute!  Is that a chain cutter?  I don't think Jeff had BUYING in mind!  Don't worry Jeff, Kevin will bail you out! (I think)
Texas is living up to it's reputation - besides oil derricks, chuck wagons, old west towns and wide open spaces - IT IS HOT!  Yesterday it got close to 100 degrees.  Yikes!  I know I'd be hiding in the air conditioning!  
Over the course of the day Kevin and Emi rode through the remnants of the recent Texas wildfires.  Thousands and thousands of acres of trees and land were burned along with over a thousand homes during the five weeks the fires raged.
They also crossed the Colorado River in Bastrop and stopped to say hello to a Texas Longhorn!
Starting in Sommerville and ending in McKinney State Park (about 6 miles from Austin), they rode a total of  92 miles on Monday despite the heat!  Crank up the a/c in the bus - time to chill out!

1 Click here to leave a message for Kevin:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I love hearing from you!